Q: How do we get to the resort?
Approx. 75 miles West of Denver. From I-70 take exit 205 (Silverthorne & Dillon exit) and go East on Highway 6 about 1 ½ miles to the main entrance of Dillon. Go right onto Lake Dillon Drive for two blocks to La Bonte Street. Go right on La Bonte one block. Spinnaker is the cream-colored building with brown trim on the left side of the street at the end of the block. Our street address is 317 W. La Bonte Street.
Q: What is the CHECK-IN procedure?
If arriving during office hours, you will need to check in at the front office (in the lobby door under the blue and yellow awning) . We are open 7-days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are open on Friday’s from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
If checking in after office hours, your key will be left in your specified lockbox using a code with the FIRST THREE LETTERS of your LAST NAME. The following morning, we ask that you come down to complete check- in.
Q: Are the pool, hot tub and sauna open?
The pool, hot tub and sauna are open from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Q: Is there public transportation to the resorts and around the county?
Q: Can I send packages to Spinnaker?
Yes, however USPS does not deliver to the building. You may have your packages delivered to P.O. Box 2519, Dillon, CO, 80435. UPS & FedEx deliver to Spinnaker at 317 W La Bonte Street, Dillon, CO 80435.
Q: I have a big car; can I park in another spot?
When arriving for your week; you may ask then if there are any available indoor parking spots that will not be used. Also, every unit may use ONE parking spot outside in our onsite designated area.
Q: Are pets allowed?
No pets allowed!! People who sneak in pets are subject to a $330.00 cleaning charge and eviction. NO exceptions. We do allow service dogs with the proper paperwork.
Q: What are the unit sizes and occupancy?
Studio – 2 people
1-Bedroom, 1-Bath – 4 people
2-Bedroom, 2-Bath – 6 people
3-Bedroom, 3-Bath – 8 people
Q: What are the amenities?
- DVD Players
- Fireplaces (wood or gas)
- Flatscreen TV’s
- Patio or Balcony
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Washer & Dryer (not available in studio) *
- Private Telephone
- Heated Parking Garage
- Indoor Swimming Pool
- Indoor Jacuzzi
- Ski & Bike Storage Room
Q: What is the Interval International?
A provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry.
Customer Service: 1 (800) 828-8200
Reservations: 1 (800) 722-1880
Q: Can I Rent Out My Unit?
Yes! If you are interested in renting your unit, please complete the rental disclosure here: RENTAL DISCLOSURE
There are no guarantees that your unit/week will be rented, and we encourage you to try to rent the property yourself. We do recommend that you collect a security deposit for your protection. It is important that if you are successful in renting your unit/week that you do not give anyone confirmation until you confirm with the Spinnaker Office that the unit/week has not already been rented. You may call at any time to check the status of your unit/week, otherwise the only notification you will receive is by credits reflected on your next maintenance fee statement.
If your unit/week is rented through the Spinnaker Office, the commission is 30%. If the unit/week requires more than one housekeeping, it will be deducted from the owner’s commission. In accordance with Colorado Real Estate Law disbursements will not be made until after the guests have departed.
Should we be unable to rent your unit at the published rate, we will convert it to bonus time. The net proceeds from bonus time are credited to your maintenance fees with a commission to Spinnaker of 30%. If additional housekeeping is required, it will be deducted from the owner’s commission. You will not be notified if your unit is used for bonus time, except by credits reflected on your next maintenance fee statement.
Q: What is Bonus Time?
Bonus time is special pricing offered to Spinnaker Owners. It is only offered if we are unable to rent a unit 3-days before check-in is scheduled.
To use bonus time:
- Please complete the request form on the website: bonus-time-request. You will be added to the waiting list. You cannot add your name to the list more than 30-days in advance of the check-in date.
- 3-days prior to the check-in date we will contact you and let you know if any bonus time is available.
- We call in order based on the number of nights you would like to rent. Those renting more nights will be given priority, as it produces more revenue for the owner renting the unit.
- We will also call you to let you know if there is no bonus time available.
When requesting bonus time, please provide your name, the unit/week you own, a good phone number to reach you at and the dates you would like to rent. Bonus time rates are a 40% discount off of our published rates.
Q: How do I transfer ownership of my week to another person?
- You need a copy of the most recent deed showing who the current owners are. If you don’t have a copy, we can pull one from Summit County. The cost is usually between $16.00 – $20.00 depending on how many pages the deed is.
- Once we have verified the current owners, we will prepare a Quit Claim Deed transferring ownership to the Grantee.
- We will email the deed to you.
- You will need to print the deed on legal paper, have it notarized and mail it to Summit County with a check for $13.00.
- You will then receive the new recorded deed back in the mail from Summit County showing the new ownership. You will need to forward a copy to us, so we can update the ownership in our records.
Please contact the office for further clarification.
Q: How do I remove an Owner from the title that is deceased?
- If the title is held as “Joint Tenants” you may file a copy of the death certificate with the Summit County Clerk & Recorder: (970) 453-3470 – Once you receive the recorded copy back from the county, please forward a copy to management with the recorded copy of the deed, and they will be removed from the account.
- If the title is held as “Tenants in Common” then the deceased person’s portion of the property will need to go through probate court.